I will explain how to install a WordPress plugin on WordPress. Lets see the steps involved in installing WP-PageNavi 2.5 plugin on WordPress 2.8.x as an example.
WP-PageNavi plugin helps to get a better page navigation compared with the default “Older Entries” & “Newer Entries” page navigation. Once this plugin is installed you can jump to any page directly instead of going one by one as shown below.
1. Download the zip copy of the WP-PageNavi 2.5 plugin and unzip it.
2. Upload the unzipped copy into your /public_html/wp-content/plugins folder using the ftp client. I use FileZilla as my ftp client.
3. Now login to the Admin area of your wordpress blog and go to “Plugins” option. There you can see the newly updated “WP-PageNavi” plugin. Activate the plugin.
4. The last and most critical step is connecting your blog to the WP-PageNavi plugin. In the default wordpress theme check for the file index.php. Remove the two lines
and replace it by the following line
and you are done with the plugin installation.
5. Go to your site and you will see the new page navigation buttons right at the bottom of your blog’s main page similar to the one you see in LazyDomaining.com.